The Volunteer Centre staff will do all we can to support you and your volunteers.
Improving Volunteer Management can help
- Give structure to your volunteering organisation
- Enhance the volunteering experience for your volunteers
- Standardise professional processes and procedures across your organisation
- Get the most from your volunteers
- Retain volunteers more effectively
- Reduce potential risks for your volunteers, service users and organisation
- Demonstrate your investment in volunteers to potential funders
Volunteer Centre East Riding Aims to Support the Voluntary and Community Sector Organisations. We provide resources, advice and guidance to Volunteer Managers with :-
- Information and good practice guidance on the development of policy and procedure in respect of managing volunteers
- Developing and promoting volunteering opportunities within the community
- Acting as an independent broker for potential volunteers and volunteer involving organisations
- Helping volunteer involving organisations in the support and management of their volunteers
- Campaigning on issues relevant to volunteering both locally and regionally
- Providing opportunities for networking and communication for the Voluntary and Community Sector
Good practice for your organisation around volunteer management
It is important to spend time creating robust systems that provide a professional structure around the recruitment and management of volunteers of all ages. Cutting corners can lead to disillusionment and a lack of commitment from your volunteers which will lead to a poor service to clients. Getting things wrong can also cost your organisation financially by way of legal expense due to civil litigation.
We have a range of sample policies and procedures that you may be able to adapt to suit your particular group. Looking for information on a particular volunteering issue? We have over twenty help sheets on a range of topics that you can download from our website in the ‘Downloads’ section.
You can contact Volunteer Centre East Riding and get help to find the right opportunity for you. Give us a call to have a chat or arrange to come into the office
Phone: 01482 8710 77