VYPER was founded by ERVAS in 2008. It brings together a wide range of people and organisations with a shared vision of rewarding young people who are taking part in volunteering and social action.
The objectives of VYPER are –
- To promote volunteering and social action amongst young people and highlight the benefit it brings to their lives in the future
- To reward young people giving up their time through a series of certificates that can be recognised by employers and education providers
- To ensure that schools and other organisations are aware of the ways in which they can reward young volunteers and help them gain valuable life skills
- VYPER is a scheme which allows young people to collect certificates of recognition for the volunteering and social action that they are already taking part in.
- For a young person to gain a VYPER award, all we ask is that they are registered with the organisation and that they keep a record of their volunteering hours and activities.
- From taking part in VYPER, this could lead young people on to gaining nationally recognized awards too, such as Vinspired and the Princess Diana Award.
Through the VYPER schools network we offer various awards, as part of the Schools Network we offer the Bronze, Silver, Gold and Outstanding achievement certificates for 30, 60, 90 & 400+ volunteering hours.