The Care Act 2014 identifies 10 types of abuse and neglect which are listed below
This is how the Care Act categorises the types of harm caused by people on ‘adults at risk’.
Abuse can happen for many reasons, below are just some to think about –
- Intentional, Non-Intentional and deliberate acts of abuse by people
- Shortage of staff; cutting corners, carer not coping
- Control, perception, power, colluding
- Lack of training, inexperience, of staff, volunteers or carers
- Attitudes, lack of respect, normalising bad practice, boredom