East Riding Voluntary Action Services (ERVAS) Ltd, in partnership with East Riding of Yorkshire Council, the East Riding Safeguarding Children Partnership and the East Riding Safeguarding Adults Board, offers additional support to all voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) groups and organizations working with children, young people and adults, in order to ensure they are able to meet their safeguarding responsibilities and keep people safe.
ERVAS offers a range of support to the VCSE sector in regard to developing safeguarding policies and procedures, as well as providing access to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks, (formerly CRB checks), which are processed on line using our umbrella body U-Check and priced at a competitive rate, as well as providing a variety of policy templates, including those related to safeguarding and links to reputable insurance brokers who specialise in voluntary activity.
ERVAS are also able to provide the VCSE sector with the following –
- Access to our policy templates and related information, including explanatory videos
- Access to a range of appropriate safeguarding related training
- Regular information from a variety of safeguarding sources via our fortnightly E-bulletin
- Access to information events and conferences covering a range of safeguarding topics, both face to face and online
- Partnership developments, particularly in regard to working more closely with the East Riding Safeguarding Children Partnership and the East Riding Safeguarding Adults Board
- Membership of useful networks, including the East Riding VCSE Safeguarding Forum
If your group or organization doesn’t have all the essential criteria in place, we are more than happy to send you our toolkit containing all safeguarding children and vulnerable adult policy documents and accompanying information, or we can arrange a one to one visit with your group if you would prefer, to discuss your specific needs.
If you would like further information as to how your VCSE group or organisation can ensure it’s doing all it can to keep people safe, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the ERVAS team on 01482 871 077 (option 4) or email firstname.lastname@example.org..
For further information on the local safeguarding partnerships, please visit the following:
East Riding VCSE Safeguarding Forum – meetings