Website East Yorkshire Parent Carer Forum
Steering Group Member for the East Yorkshire Parent Carer Forum (EYPCF)
East Yorkshire Parent Carer Forum (EYPCF) is a registered charity which was formed in 2009 and is part of the National Network of Parent Carer Forums.
EYPCF aims to ensure that parents and carers of children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) are involved in the shaping and improving of local authority and health services.
The Steering Group sits under the Board of Trustees. The Board of Trustees set the general direction of the work and the volunteer Steering Group Members carry out the work of the Forum.
The Steering Group has its own Chair and meets monthly except in August. Staff administration provides support with the day to day running and planning of the work.
There are lots of exciting volunteering opportunities as a Steering Group Member. The amount of time you are prepared to commit is up to you.
Below are some of the things you could choose to be involved in. You will never be asked to do anything you do not feel confident about and there will always be support available.
- Talking and networking with other parents.
- Help organising and attending parent/carer events or coffee drop ins with speakers.
- Attend meetings with our partners in health and/or local authority to represent parent views, identify gaps in services and develop new services.
- Represent the EYPCF at meetings of the regional or national parent carer forums.
- Help develop surveys and consultations to gather members’ views.
- Join the Information Group to ensure parents/carers get clear, concise and helpful information about services that is jargon free.
- Help with funding applications and support the treasurer in the role.
- Help with recording meetings, spreadsheets, and publicity and presentation design.
- Give presentations to promote the work of the EYPCF.
- Talk to people on the telephone, deal with incoming queries from parents/carers and answer emails.
If you are interested please contact Claire Thomas 07813 676941
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.