In this role, you will support the team in delivering safeguarding training to our volunteers and staff members.
“I get to use my skills and experience, keep my brain active and feel that I am making a contribution to the fantastic work of this organisation.” – Heather, Safeguarding Trainer.
Volunteering is a two-way street, so in return for your time you will get a dedicated key contact who will help you settle in and support you during your time with us. You’ll also get:
- The opportunity to expand your understanding of safeguarding particularly within a charity.
- The opportunity to expand your skills in training others.
- The opportunity to network with a variety of individuals at Guide Dogs.
- The opportunity to attend further relevant training to expand your learning.
- Expenses in line with our expenses policy
Training and support
You will have 6-8 hours of training .These modules include:
- General induction to Guide Dogs.
- Safeguarding training.
- GDPR training.
This trainer role has equivalent to 1 day training in Safeguarding training.
If you have questions about the training requirements, we can answer these at your interview along with any other support or accessibility needs you may have.
If either of these roles interest you , please contact Linda.Conway@guidedogs.org.uk for role descriptions or further information.
To apply for this job email your details to Linda.Conway@guidedogs.org.uk.