Website Hull Community Shop
Project Co-ordinator (Hull Community Shop – Expansion)
Title: EMS Project Co-ordinator (Hull Community Shop)
Responsible to: Chief Executive
Hours of Work: 37 hours per week (with the occasional evenings and weekends)
Duration of Post: Rolling contract
Closing Date: Monday 8th March 2021
Interview Date: Wednesday 17th March 2021
• Working with community centres, residents/interested parties, and volunteers to expand our a fordable food project, The Hull Community Shop (HCS) into at least two other areas of Hull.
• To establish a network of organisations/supermarkets who will provide surplus food collections/deliveries to stock the shops.
• Recruit and supervise volunteers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Co-ordinate relevant project management activities, resources, equipment and information.
• Liaise with residents and partner organisations to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives.
• Make sure that residents needs are met as the projects evolve.
• Help prepare budgets and deliver them to the agreed funding parameters.
• Analyse risks and opportunities.
• Monitor project progress and handle any issues that may arise.
• Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all residents and partner organisations.
• Work with the whole EMS team to ensure that delivery targets and expectations are met.
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, including feedback reports, resident database information along with monitoring and evaluation paperwork.
• To contribute to planning and delivery of all EMS projects.
• To work on developing skills and knowledge in appropriate consultation methods with communities and to share information on this with the rest of the EMS team and partners.
• The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced Baring and Discloser Service (DBS) check.
Person Specification – Experience, Skills and Abilities
• Experience of project delivery including planning, resource allocation, budget tracking and reporting.
• Experience of recruiting, managing and working with volunteers.
• Experience of developing and/or delivering activities & services within the community and voluntary sector.
• Understanding of appropriate health and safety practices and safeguarding considerations when leading practical tasks and working with children and vulnerable adults.
• Ability to build and manage relationships with a range of stakeholders (both private and pub-lic sector).
• Strong time management and organisational skills.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
• IT literate – MS Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook.
• Enthusiastic about engaging people in learning about the alleviation of food poverty
• Genuine interest in building community cohesion and empowering people.
• Self-motivated and able to manage own time whilst also able to work as part of a team.
• Ability to problem solve and work collaboratively to address issues.
• Approachable, open and honest personality.
• Flexible; willing to support colleagues on other EMS projects.
• A full UK driving Licence.
• Practical experience of working in the retail sector.
• Experience of designing and delivering practical volunteer led workshops, including devel-oping session plans, learning resources & risk assessments.
• First Aid at Work Training.
If you would like to know more information about the post please call Jan Boyd on 01482 709810.
Application: To apply for this post please send your CV, cover letter and the names and emails of two referees to email@example.com by 12 noon on Monday 8th March 2021
References will only be contacted after successful interview. Please ensure you specifically detail how you meet the person specifications in your covering letter.
A full UK driving license is essential for this role, please include this in your CV.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.