Website Downright Special
Downright Special Friday Group Leader
Pro-rata Salary: £1950p.a (£10 per hour)
Hours: 5 hours per week – term time only (39 hours)
Downright Special supports children with Down syndrome, their families and the professionals who work with them. We run weekly, term-time play and education sessions for children from birth to five who attend with their parents and/or teaching assistants and where everything is tailored to the specific learning profile of children with Down syndrome. This position is to lead the planning and delivery of our early intervention group for children aged 2-3 years approx. These usually take place at Bodmin Road Church in Hull but sessions can be delivered online depending on any restrictions in place due to the pandemic.
Our Friday group sessions for this age group are for up to four children who attend with their parent/carer. The lessons include work on developing speech, language and communication skills, numeracy, gross and fine motor skills and other essential skills such as turn-taking and attention.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has some experience of working with very young children with a learning disability.
- Has knowledge of using Makaton sign language or the local equivalent.
- Is able to work in a supportive manner with parents and carers
- Is able to work flexibly as part of a team
- Is willing to attend training on working with children with Down syndrome
- Has a passion for inclusion and ensuring children with Down syndrome can reach their potential
Please complete an application form and return to Gillian Bowlas, Charity Manager by 25th April 2021: Gillian@downrightspecial.co.uk.
Application forms and the full job description can be downloaded from our website
If you would like to have an informal chat or have any questions prior to submitting an application then please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01482 420160.
Closing Date: Sunday 25th April 2021
To apply for this job please visit downrightspecial.co.uk..