Job Details Funded fixed term post for 12 months 37.5 hours per week
Job Title: Emmaus Hull & East Riding Volunteer Co-ordinator
Location: Emmaus Hull & East Riding
Managerially Accountable to: TBC
To work with Emmaus Managers to develop volunteer input across all charitable areas, using volunteers to enhance the service provided for Rough Sleepers and companions and to ensure that volunteers within Emmaus are appropriately recruited, supported, and managed.
To support the delivery of a high quality, safe and compassionate homelessness services.
Overview of Essential Responsibilities:
- Responsible for recruitment of potential volunteers and all related administrative processes including interview and selection, taking up references, arranging DBS checks and screening.
- Ensure all volunteering activities meet with the Emmaus service needs and are carried out in line with policies regarding health and safety, legal requirements, environmental and equal opportunity policies and general duty of care.
- Provide regular contact and support to all volunteers to encourage motivation and loyalty and ensure that their work is valued.
- Have responsibility for organising and delivering all volunteer induction training, ensuring that all mandatory requirements as well as imparting Emmaus and volunteer information.
- Identify and deliver specific additional volunteer training through ongoing training needs analysis and participation in volunteer activities to pitch training at appropriate level taking account of limitations of the voluntary role.
- Deal with initial stages of conflict, grievances and complaints as appropriate. Review volunteer placements where problems arise, and arrange transfer, redeployment or effective dismissal as necessary.
- Represent the Emmaus in local and regional recruitment/volunteer awareness days.
- Liaise with staff at all levels and across all areas to encourage the development of new volunteering opportunities to align the volunteer programme to Emmaus key objectives and strategic plans.
- Research and source volunteering funding opportunities for the Emmaus.
- Regularly review and update volunteering tab on the Emmaus website.
- Design and content of the Emmaus Volunteering News Flash and bi-monthly newsletter.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a volunteer strategy to develop volunteering across the Emmaus. Promote the value of volunteering within Emmaus; attending relevant meetings, presenting and leading discussions to raise awareness of the value of volunteers.
- Work in conjunction with Emmaus Managers, deputising when necessary.
- Responsible for negotiating new placements with relevant members of staff including task descriptions and devising appropriate task lists, risk assessments and matching individual volunteer skills to service areas’ need.
- Arrange celebrations, social functions/awards/events as part of Emmaus’s support to volunteers.
- The post-holder will be:-
- Required to attend occasional out of hours meetings
- Targeted to recruit volunteers
- Required to be available to support volunteers working on projects outside normal working hours
- Undertake occasional travel to various Emmaus locations
- Support the senior team in ongoing monitoring to ensure Emmaus operates within the funded budget.
- Provide a friendly and informed presence in the volunteer’s office at all times.
- Understand and respect the need for confidentiality at all times.
- Relevant – Qualifications/training and professional development
- Education to Diploma level or equivalent specialist knowledge in people management or demonstrate equivalent experience and ability to operate at this level.
- Certificate of Training and Development or equivalent experience.
- Significant experience of working within the voluntary sector.
- Good general level of I.T skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database software.
- Good knowledge of Human Resources, People Management and Recruitment policies to include public and voluntary sector. Experience in interview and selection techniques.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and a pleasant telephone manner.
- Customer care skills at a supervisory level.
- Understanding of the need for confidentiality.
- Ability to improve and advance communications and systems so that information can be easily shared.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deal with welfare issues, disciplinary, complaints etc.
- The ability to be self- driven and to initiate changes necessary within the department to keep abreast of the ever-changing policies and protocols.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise. Also, some flexibility with working hours.
- Preference for working in and supporting a multi-disciplinary team.
- Empathy, enthusiasm, willingness to learn, flexible, practical and adaptable. Confident, out going and approachable.
- Effective role model, demonstrating Emmaus values of Inclusivity, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Excellence.
- This job description indicates currently the main responsibilities of the post. It is not a complete list and may be amended and developed as necessary in consultation with the manager and post holder. We would aim to reach agreement on any changes, but if agreement is not possible, Emmaus reserves the right to make changes to this job description.
- Full clean driving license
Please apply by completing our application form and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org
By the 30th June 2020.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.