Website British Heart Foundation
Cash Desk Volunteer
Could you encourage your local community to recycle their unwanted items by donating them to our local British Heart Foundation shop? Could you help to build and maintain friendly relationships with existing and new community contacts and talk to local businesses about surplus stock?
Say hello to the team
Funding for researchers begins at your local charity shop. Last year our British Heart Foundation UK charity shops across the UK raised an incredible £28 million – this wouldn’t have been possible without our fantastic volunteers.
Our team is bright and bubbly, and we love meeting people from all walks of life.
Typical tasks include:
- interacting with customers and serving them in a helpful and friendly way
- operating the till and taking payments
- Promoting Gift Aid
- Acting as an ambassador for British Heart Foundation always
You get a lot from volunteering too:
- A chance to work in a friendly team, to make new friends and meet a diverse group of people
- The opportunity to make an invaluable contribution to British Heart Foundation goal of beating heartbreak forever
- The time to develop your confidence and interpersonal skills
- The ability to gain valuable work experience to add onto your CV and to learn new skills
- Flexibility to fit with your lifestyle
Here’s a little bit more about us
The BHF is here to Beat Heartbreak Forever. We are working towards a world free from the fear of heart and circulatory diseases.
By 2030, we want to see advances across the spectrum of heart and circulatory diseases; we want to prevent these conditions from developing and we want those with existing conditions to have better, longer lives.
To apply for this job please visit bhf.org.uk.