Brough Youth Hub
Brough Youth Hub – Detached Youth Worker
Job Description & Person Specification
JOB TITLE: Assistant Detached Youth Worker
REPORTS TO: Senior Detached Youth Worker
SALARY – £1426.10 (based on 2.5 hours a week)
STATUS – Zero Hours Contract, including evenings and weekend
TERM – 1 year initial contract to be reviewed. To start July 2022
LOCATION – Brough, East Riding of Yorkshire
Brough Youth Hub is an exciting new development for Brough. The population of Brough has risen rapidly over the last few years and continues to grow. With very few facilities for teenagers in Brough the Youth Hub will encourage and support young people to engage in positive activities, have access to support and reduce risk-taking activities.
Using your knowledge and a variety of detached youth work skills and interventions and providing in-depth support you will help to raise young people’s aspirations, support their social and life skills development and improve their self-esteem and confidence.
You will also support young people to engage with education and training in order to gain or retain employment, thereby reducing their risk of living in poverty or becoming homeless in the future.
You will provide safe environments for young people to meet/engage in positive activities and you will work with partners, to encourage and support young people to be involved in their community and make it a place they want to live and be proud of.
You will also support the Senior Detached Youth Worker and work closely with the Brough Youth Hub comittee, who will help you to plan, deliver and evaluate the project as it develops.
- Work closely with the Brough Youth Hub committee and other groups and individuals in Brough to identify and engage vulnerable young people in positive activities
- Work closely with the Brough Youth Hub committee and young people to gain an understanding of the local issues that affect young people and help to develop strategies to address these
- Plan, develop, deliver and evaluate a range of activities/programmes/workshops for young people to participate in
- Support young people to become actively involved in the Detached Youth Work project as it develops, as well as other partners’ services, helping to provide more activities that meet local needs of young people and increase youth provision
- Work closely with members of the local community to provide the best support for young people when needed and signpost young people to existing youth provision and establish new provision
- Undertake training in relation to the role where required
GENERAL JOB TASKS
- To manage time and workload effectively
- Ensure that Brough Youth Hub committee are kept adequately informed of work and that information is provided as requested
- Take part in supervision/appraisal meetings as agreed in line with the Brough Youth Hub policy
- Undertake training as appropriate
- Respect confidentiality of all information acquired within the framework of the confidentiality policy
- To work in a self-servicing capacity
- Adhere to all Brough Youth Hub internal policies and procedures
- Undertake any other duties required by the project
For further information about this role please contact Darron Lawer, either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 07796 697940
Please email your CV’s to email@example.com
The closing date: Friday 27th May 2022.
Interviews Date: Monday 6th June 2022 at the Brough Petuaria Centre
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.