Youth Mental First Aid (1)
October 6 @ 9:30 am - October 7 @ 5:00 pm
Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA) teaches people how to recognise and respond appropriately to signs of mental health problems in children and young people. It does not teach people how to be therapists, but does teach people what to say and do if they are in a situation where a young person is in distress.
For those who work with East Riding residents aged 8 -18 years
By the end of the course participants will know what they can do to:
- Preserve life where a young person may be a danger to themselves or others
- Provide help to prevent the mental health problem developing into a more serious state
- Promote the recovery of good mental health
- Provide comfort to a young person experiencing a mental health problem
- Raise awareness of mental health issues in the community
- Reduce stigma and discrimination.