- This event has passed.
Working Together to Safeguard Children (Part A)
March 1 @ 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Working Together to Safeguard Children
Duration: 1 Day
To achieve an understanding of the need for inter-agency working to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and how this will be implemented in the East Riding.
Due to Covid restrictions this course is currently being run over 2 on-line sessions (Part A and Part B – both sessions need to be attended) (Equivalent to Health inter-collegiate level 3)
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Developed a shared understanding of the tasks, processes, principles, roles and responsibilities outlined in national guidance and local arrangements for safeguarding children and promoting their welfare
- A clear understanding that all agencies must follow ERSCP Procedures & Guidance to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people
- Improved communication through a common understanding of key terms, definitions and thresholds for action
- Fostered effective working relationships, including an ability to work in multi-disciplinary groups or teams
- Enhanced decision-making, based on information sharing, thorough assessment, critical analysis and professional judgement.
This course is designed to promote integrated working and help professionals from different agencies to network therefore we recommend that you attend a course taking place in the area in which you work