- This event has passed.
Suicide Prevention – Papyrus
February 15, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
SP-EAK Online Training
Suicide Prevention – Explore, Ask, Keep-safe
What is SP-EAK?
A free half-day training course that prepares participants to identify persons with thoughts of suicide, respond appropriately and effectively and connect them to support.
– Discussions around knowledge of suicide
– Exploration and understanding of signs a person at risk of suicide may give
– Learn clear and practical information on how to explore suicide and respond appropriately
– Consider ‘real life’ scenarios
– Conclude with an emphasis on the importance of self-care
Who should attend?
Wider workforce for children and young people in Hull.
How does SP-EAK help to prevent suicide?
The majority of young people experiencing thoughts of suicide show or give signs to those around them that they may be thinking about taking their life. Participants will learn what these ‘signs’ look like, how to respond to them and how to work with that person to keep them suicide-safe.
After training, participants will:
– Have a greater awareness of the prevalence of suicide on a local and national level
– Be more aware of what signs to look out for
– Have the skills and confidence to explore suicide appropriately when identifying signs
– Understand what sources of support are available to promote safety
- Tuesday 15th February 2022 – 9.30am to 1pm
- Wednesday 23rd March 2022 – 9.30am to 1pm
- Thursday 28th April 2022 – 9.30m to 1pm