- This event has passed.
Strategy Discussion Course
July 26, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
This Strategy Discussion Course will enable participants to understand the threshold criteria relevant to Section 47 of Children Act 1989 and be able to correctly identify presenting risk which would require a Strategy Discussion to be convened. The ERSCP encourage all practitioners working with children and families to attend.
This course is mandatory for all team managers who chair strategy discussions and minute takers.
|Tuesday 26 July 2022||Room One||ERYC
Registration 9.15 am
Prompt start 9.30am
Evaluation and Finish 4.30pm
|Wednesday 24 August 2022||Rooms 2 and 3|
|Thursday 22 September 2022||Rooms 2 and 3|
|Tuesday 18 October 2022||Rooms 2 and 3|
|Tuesday 15 November 2022||Rooms 2 and 3|
|Refreshments will be provided on arrival and at breaks but please bring your own lunch|
Delegates will learn the importance is that the child is at the centre of the discussion and that the focus of any investigation will include ascertaining their wishes and feelings alongside the families. The course will provide guidance on how the stages should be achieved if the child is required to be interviewed, medically examined, and assessed. They will also look at how the strategy discussion is recorded.
- Understand the Purpose of a Strategy Discussion and why they are held.
- Identify all of the different types of harm
- Identify what constitutes significant harm
- Identify relevant types/sources of evidence required to establish each type of harm
- What information is required to be shared at a strategy discussion and the key principles of information sharing where there are safeguarding concerns.
- The role of the chair
- Consideration of the Achieving Best Evidence Guidance, medicals, and child sexual assault referrals
- Setting priority actions and Investigation planning
Booking a Place
To book onto this course, please email the ERSCP stating your preferred date: ERSCP.firstname.lastname@example.org