- This event has passed.
Safeguarding Children with Disabilities
November 10, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
To raise awareness of the complex issues and dilemmas involved in safeguarding children with disabilities and increase participant’s ability to respond, both in the community and care settings.
By the end of the course participants will:
- Understand why children with disabilities are more vulnerable to harm
- Acquire an understanding of their own attitudes to disability and how those impinge on our safeguarding practice
- Identify the potential risk factors for children with disabilities in the context of their environment and family setting
- Identify the additional barriers and thresholds, when safeguarding children with disabilities
- Consider the barriers to communicating with children with disabilities