- This event has passed.
Domestic Abuse Practitioner Standard (DAPS) Level 2 Course
March 23 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Domestic Abuse Ask and Action Training
Aim & Learning Outcomes
To enable participants to ask clients about the possibility that they are experiencing domestic abuse and to take action so the harms caused by violence and abuse are reduced
By the end of the course participant will
- Understand what domestic abuse is
- Recognise the indicators of domestic abuse
- Understand the purpose of targeted enquiry and employ good practice when undertaking targeted enquiry
- Respond to disclosures safely and effectively
- Understand the purpose of risk identification, employ good practice when undertaking risk identification and follow referral pathways
- Understand responsibilities around confidentiality and information sharing
This training is aimed at any worker (paid or unpaid) likely to come in to contact with victims of DA through their work.
Prior to applying participants should complete a basic Domestic Abuse Awareness course, such as DAPS L1 or IDAS DA Basic Awareness Training (online)
This training is classroom-based delivery, face to face over one day with CPD Accreditation.
Date, Time & Venue
Thursday 23 March 2023 – 9:30 – 16:30
Room 2 County Hall Beverley
How to apply
You will need to register first or login to the ERSCP Learner Management System via the following link: https://eastridingscp.vc-enable.co.uk/