Trying to choose the best accounting software for your business can be difficult. One of the options available is online accounts software, also known as cloud software. All your data is held on a remote server, which you and anyone you choose can have access to. You will need to have access to the internet and login to the software to access to your accounts.
Advantages of cloud accounting software
- Access to your accounts from anywhere, where ever you have internet access you can use your accounts, some packages even have applications which run on iphone or android. It is therefore possible to invoice your client as soon as a job is finished, before you have even left your customer.
- You can share information with other people; anyone who needs to be able to access the records can login. You may need to limit the usage of other people
- There are low start up costs, as you do not need to purchase the software. Packages like QuickBooks and Sage have a fairly high purchase price and you may need to upgrade the software to ensure you are covered for support.
- If you change your mind, you can cancel at any time; you are not normally tied into a contract. It is worth checking this before you agree to the software.
- Regular updates are made to the software. Each supplier wants to stay ahead of the field and offer the best software available, to ensure that they can keep their customers.
- Support is normally included in the monthly price.
- It may help to reduce accountant’s bills, as your accountant may also have access or even recommend a product to you as they are a partner with them.
- Most companies offer a free trial and have a dummy business set up so you can try the software before you make a commitment.
- You do not need large disk space to store an accounting package and all the data.
Disadvantages of cloud accounting
- There is a monthly fee so it may work out more expensive.
- You may not want to share certain information with other people in the business that has access to the software.
- Some businesses prefer to keep all their records in-house.
- All your information is held over the internet, you need to ensure that the software is secure and they are a reliable business.
- You need to ensure you have internet access where you intend to use it.
We have partnered with Intuit Quickbooks online and can now offer Cloud Accounting Software Quickbooks Plus and additional support at a very competitive rate.
We are also a Sage Referral Partner.
We can also:
- Set up the System for you
- Provide Training
For a quote for this or more information please do not hesitate to contact Sian on firstname.lastname@example.org.