East Riding Voluntary Action Services (ERVAS) LTD is a voluntary sector infrastructure organisation. We support the voluntary, community and not for profit sectors, primarily in the East Riding of Yorkshire. We are members of National Association for Voluntary and Community Action (NAVCA) and are accredited by National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) (formerly Volunteering England).
Our role is to support and represent the voluntary, community and not for profit sector (VCS). We do this by offering the following support and advice services:
- Communication of relevant information via email, website and social networks
- Community Accountancy
- Business Services such as photocopying
- Community Development
- An equipment library of resources such as projectors, screens, laptops
- Managing a number of locality and topical networks
- Developing and coordinating partnerships across the VCS, public and independent sector
- Representation of the VCS and its interests at strategic level, such as the Community Safety Partnership, Voluntary Sector Steering Group, Children’s Trust Board, Safeguarding Children and Adults Boards and relevant sub-groups
As well as the above, we also manage the only local Volunteering England accredited Volunteer Centre, which administers the Do-it.org.uk website for East Riding of Yorkshire, regularly updating local volunteer opportunities and promoting volunteering across the area, as well as offering a brokerage service between potential volunteers and available opportunities to meet their needs.
ERVAS also provides a range of specialist support services to groups working specifically with children, young people and vulnerable adults to ensure that groups are fit for purpose and maintaining robust safeguarding proecedures.
ERVAS manages Volunteen, an inclusive youth volunteering project supporting 10 – 25 year olds in East Riding and incorporating a local recognition award scheme, Volunteering for Young People in East Riding (VYPER) which encourages and celebrates young people’s volunteering and social action achievements within their local community.