FoLDA – The Humber Federation of Local Development Agencies. East Riding Voluntary Action Services is a member of FoLDA.
The vision of FoLDA is to meet the support needs of the voluntary sector in the Humber sub-region and thereby contribute to its success.
The purpose of the federation is …
- to develop strategy, funding and delivery of infrastructure support to the sector
- to act as the sub regional body for the sector, creating the link between local and regional bodies and seeking to influence the agenda at local, sub-regional, regional and national levels
- to unlock new sources of funding for support of the sector for the benefit of local areas and to manage funding through the choice of an appropriate member organisation to be the accountable body
- to build positive relationship with local statutory bodies
- to review and refine priorities, in the light of experience, in order to create a long term strategy for infrastructure support and refine priorities, in the light of experience, in order to create a long term strategy for infrastructure support
Membership of FoLDA is by invitation to infrastructure organisations serving the voluntary and community sector in all areas of the Humber sub-region. Infrastructure organisations are those which provide support services, these are sometimes called umbrella or second tier organisations, their members are organisations rather than individuals and they may be generalist (eg a CVS) or specialist (eg supporting health organisations).
The other current members of FoLDA are: