ERVAS is a registered charity and a Company Limited by Guarantee.
ERVAS is a development agency, we support the voluntary, community and not for profit sectors, delivering services across The Humber but primarily in the East Riding of Yorkshire. We are members of NAVCA and are accredited by NCVO (formerly Volunteering England).
ERVAS is a development agency. We support the voluntary, community and not for profit sectors, delivering services across The Humber but primarily in the East Riding of Yorkshire. We are members of NAVCA and are accredited by NCVO (formerly Volunteering England).
We produce a weekly EBulletin distributed to over 1200 email addresses, this keeps all of our contacts informed about our services and gives them up to date information on funding, policies from local and central government and any other policy decisions that may affect them. Contact us if you wish to have an article circulated about events, job vacancies or training from your organisation, or if you would like to receive the EBulletin.
We have built up a number of information sheets and research resources to assist groups in their search for funding.
Our funding advice service also includes:
- Support with funding applications
- Advice about becoming ‘fit for funding’ such as policy development and constitutions
- Business and project planning
We provide a full range of office services including photocopying, hiring of equipment, spiral binding, and laminating. We also process DBS checks (previously CRBs).
Working with new and the existing community and voluntary sector groups throughout the East Riding.
ERVAS Community Development offers
- 1 -1 group training and facilitation
- Consultation and strategic development
- Government and Policy advice
- Advice and Guidance on managing community buildings
- Establishing new initiatives
- Networking opportunities
East Riding (council for) Voluntary Youth Services
ERCVYS has been established to help support local communities to provide activities and services for children, young people and families, as well as encourage all young people 11—25 to volunteer. We provide the following services:
- Help and support to develop ideas
- Networking and signposting
- ‘Fit for Purpose Support’
- Help to involve young people in groups
- Participation in consultations
- Safeguarding advice and guidance
- Volunteen – An Inclusive Youth Volunteering
Our Volunteer Centre holds the national Volunteer Centre Quality Accreditation, recognising it meets the requirements of the 6 core functions of a
volunteer development agency.
We aim to develop and coordinate volunteering throughout the East Riding of Yorkshire and provide:
- Information on a wide range of volunteering opportunities
- Advice and guidance to anyone interested in volunteering
- Advice and support to organisations and groups on good practice
- Confidential 1-1 interviews by appointment
We provide support to voluntary organisations, registered charities and social enterprises which
covers financial, statutory and administrative compliance with current legislation and good
- Year-end accounts preparation
- Independent Examination of accounts for groups with an income of less than £1,000,000
- Book-keeping & Payroll
- Quickbooks Cloud Accounting Software
- Budget Preparation and Cash Flow
- Management Accounts
- Training/One-to-one support and advice
- Good Practice Guides and Templates